There are two ways you can access your email - you can use webmail or set up a client like Outlook or Apple Mail.
Webmail is the easiest way to access your email. You don't need to set it up - all you need to do is log in.
You can access webmail by going to http://mail.yourdomain.com or selecting Webmail in your control panel next to the domain you've got email hosting for. Log in with your full email address and the mailbox password.
Using a mail client
A mail client is a desktop application like Outlook, Apple Mail or Thunderbird, or a mobile app such as the Mail app on an iPhone or the Gmail app on Android. To set up email, you'll need to know your incoming and outgoing server information, your username and password.
The details you'll need are:
- Incoming server address: mail.hostedemail.com
- Protocol: IMAP
- Port: 993 (make sure SSL is enabled)
- Username: your full email address, e.g. email@example.com
- Password: your mailbox password
- Outgoing server address: mail.hostedemail.com
- Port: 465 (make sure SSL is enabled)
- Authentication: Enabled (use the same details as your incoming server)
If you need to use your email with SSL disabled, use IMAP port 143 and SMTP port 25. If your ISP blocks port 25, you can use port 8025 instead.
We don't recommend using POP3, but if you need to, it's available on port 995 (SSL) or 110 (no SSL).